Quantcast

Friday, July 13, 2012

B3 Countdown - 33 Weeks

This week was about surviving.  I know that sounds dramatic and all, but seriously I felt like I was teetering on the edge for most of this week.  We managed to get the #1 most important thing checked off my list from last week, and that was start demo for the baby's room.  That alone has been an accomplishment since it required us moving everything out of 2 very, very full rooms the day after my baby shower, so they could start on Tuesday.

Between the baby shower, the maternity photo shoot, the moving and construction, I hit a wall.  Yesterday at my check up, my doctor walked in and asked how it's going and I just broke down and started bawling, saying "I'm so tired!"  To which she replied "Well yes, it appears so."  Her suggestion was to book myself in to a room at a four star resort.  Of if it were only that easy.

I don't mean to complain, I know we're blessed to be able to even do construction.  But it doesn't mean it's any less tiring or stressful.  For those interested, what we're doing is converting the office into the baby's room.  But because the office point of entry was off the dining room through a sliding pocket door, we are closing that opening off and making a new opening off a hallway.  Which means we had to knock out Syd's closet (yes, the one we just recently redid), move his closet, and tunnel our way through to extend the hallway and make a new point of entry off the hallway.  It's a lot of work for nothing exciting like added square footage or anything.  But it will end up making a lot more sense to enter the bedroom off a hallway than the dining room.  Here are some pictures of what the demo and construction looks like.  It's been a lot, even for me who usually thrives off of craziness.

Next week my goal is to just survive some more :)  No list making for next week my friends!  Take that incessant need to nest.  This momma needs rest more than anything!  Tonight the givewaway for the cute materntiy countdown t-shirt closes so don't forget to enter!  Have a great weekend everyone and please say a prayer for me.  My left foot is grossly swollen and I have to go in for an ultrasound Monday morning to make sure it's not a blood clot.  Thank you!!   


1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna book MYSELF in a hotel after reading all of that going on on! That is a lot! Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...