Quantcast

Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Over

It's 6:30 and I've been up for hours.  I guess I'm still on an adrenaline high after the last 3 days, the last 9 months.  Wedding weekend came and went and as expected I'm feeling a bit of the let down.  A bit of sadness of watching it all go by and happen in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

Blog Sugar was amazing.  I am proud and honored to have been a part of it.  I was uplifted.  I had my doubts, I had my doubts about taking part in a faith conference, turning Blog Sugar into a faith based conference.  I rarely blog about faith, I feel shaky often times in my own faith, so it felt a bit strange sometimes, but I'm so glad Rachel stuck to her vision.  Girl's got vision and passion.

At any rate I was touched yesterday, I was moved by listening to so many of these amazing woman speak.  I laughed, I cried and I learned a lot.  I met so many of you and hugged ladies I've been wanting to hug for months.  I wish it could have been longer.  At one point a reader came up to me and said a friend of hers wanted to tell me hi and admitted that this friend had a love/hate relationship with me.  I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a bit sad.  If I learned anything from yesterday, from all of this, is that as much as we make blogging about us, as narcissistic as it is to blog our lives here for everyone to see, we are impacting someone somewhere.  Not necessarily in some life altering way, but as Jeannett said, we have a captive audience here, whether it's 5 people or 500.  Make your words count.  Make them meaningful.  Glorify God, represent yourself and your family well, and be proud of what you write.

I may just be tired, oh so tired, and still filled with adrenaline, but there's a bit of an unsettled feeling for me right now.  I think I just need to decompress for a bit.  Be alone in my own head, turn off the computer and phone for a bit and let the words and experiences from the last couple of days seep in.

To those that bought a ticket and came out yesterday, a sincere thank you.  It was wonderful to meet so many of you.  I truly hope you had a great time and took something away.  The thing Rachel, JJ and I most wanted out of this conference was fellowship and inspiration, and I think, I hope that was achieved.  God Bless, and see you in a couple of days.

p.s. Ruthanne was our amazing photographer for the event.  Thank goodness because I didn't take a single picture.  It was a pleasure to meet her and get to hang with her for a couple of days, and what do you know, she's a dang good photographer!  She already started to blog some pictures from teh weekend and you can see them here on her blog.  She'll be uploading more pics this week, and I heard she may even set up a Flikr sit for everyone to share and upload their photos!

8 comments:

  1. It was so nice meeting you--God had me right where I needed to be. The fellowship was real, the women amazing and the opportunity to learn appreciated. I too need to take it all in and process a bit but I'm thankful for the opportunity to attend such a wonderful event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness - I hope I didn't offend you! (insert foot in mouth) it's really more about HER than it is about you and to be fair she's only really read a couple of posts and not exactly where you or I are at this point in her life. I think she's more intimated and feels like she has a lot to live up to at this point rather than learn to pave her own way. but she's young - plenty of room & time for growth there.
    SO great to meet you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the event! You could tell that you girls poured your blood, sweat, tears and hearts into it, and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So next year it's going to be a weekend long event, right? :)
    Loved it all and I am sad it's over too.
    You all did a fantastic job.
    Thank you.
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming out ladies. It was wonderful to have you all there, it truly, truly was :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job andrea! i had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to thank you for posting on my blog and being so encouraging. I do remember meeting you...everyone was so friendly and warm. Best wishes for you and your blog and your "four flights of fancy." I have four of my own....I wish they were a bit less fanciful at times. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...