Quantcast

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Playgrounds & Lollipops - Inspire Me

{Vest: Gap; Blouse: James Perse; Shorts: Vera Wang for Kohl's; Sandals: Sam Edelman; Hat: Forever 21; Bracelets: Stella & Dot, J. Crew & DIY; Watch: Michael Kors}
You have to find inspiration wherever you can find it, right?  For me sometimes it's magazines or fashion blogs, but lately it feels like looks keep getting younger and younger and I just keep getting older and older.  Perhaps it's not even an age thing, but just a lifestlye thing, because honestly I feel nice and spry.  It's just the farther and farther away I get from my old life as a working mom, the more and more I crave just everyday stylish comfort.  I swear I look at some of these fashion blogs, and while their style is amazing, I think "are they for real?"  Like, do they really wear that out and about, and how?  I'm just so far removed from such stylish feats that it's almost incomprehensible.

But today I read this cute post from Jessica at WIW, one of the first fashion blogs I started reading.  She's probably at least 10 years younger than me, but even without kids, it proves that we all just need a day to let our hair down and take a break from all this fashion stuff, yet still LOOK GOOD!  I don't mean to be presumptious here, possibly you don't think I look good and that's fine :)  Really it is.  Because I felt good and like I've said a thousand times before, that's all that matters.

That is always the lesson to be learned in style I think; if you feel good, then you will look good.  You will ooze good out of your pores.  That saying "look good, feel good" that I've used here before?  I think we've got it backwards.  Perhaps it should really be "feel good, look good."  What do you think?
Linking up with Lindsey for WIWW!

16 comments:

  1. l o v e those hot shorts. the color, the cut, amazing on you! and obviously the hat. adorable.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jess! I used to check out her outfits on flickr all the time. And that vest is uber cute on you! Loving the whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always look so great. I schlepped around in capri sweats, a tshirt and holey tennis shoes all day, and you're right. I don't feel so good. But today was a work day. That's okay, right?
    Except that I did have to go to Target for a curtain rod (and pillows and popcorn and chocolate milk, since I had the two little ones with me) and to Bed Bath and Beyond for a few towels and to Home Depot for a little spray paint.
    On second thought, I really should have dressed for the day. Sigh.
    Do you ever just schlepp through a day and go out in public, or are you "one of those people" that wouldn't be caught dead at Home Depot in sweats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ask the same thing, "Do they really wear that ALL day???". Haha. You look great! So long and LEAN, Miss Skinny Mini!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fit!! The color of your cute shorts are my favorite!! I agree with finding inspiration wherever you can find it! Lately for me that would be Trader Joes, the pool & our laundry room! haha....I need a revamp on my style!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit!! so perfect and the hat makes it complete

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! What a cute and fun outfit!! I love it and you look hawt! Can you come help me rummage through my closet for a new look? haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is pretty much perfect. Love the hat, the vest, the shorts! You look gorgeous! And ooooh, I miss shopping at Kohl's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun outfit. What you said is so true, if you feel you look good in what you're wearing, it makes your entire day better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute! i loooove that vest. what a great combination. and it's true: if you feel good about what you're wearing, you feel good all day long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I often wonder if people dress up in outfits and take pictures just to post on their blogs...that the never really wear the actual outfits anywhere. I am with you...I like to wear what feels good. I like to be stylish but practical for my life. You do look great by the way! Love the outfit! The vest is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with you! I often think to myself when I'm shopping, I REALLY like this, but am I too old to wear it??!! But I don't feel old....that has to count for something, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great - the color of those shorts is awesome!

    And I love WIW! One of the small handful of fashion blogs I read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very stylish mom.

    http://bigboystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...