Quantcast

Saturday, March 19, 2011

On A Trial Run - American Apparel Zippered Pouch

I was telling Jen today that I have abnormally small shoulders, so much so that I can't really even carry a handbag on them comfortably, as the straps are always falling down and off. Now that the constant need for diapers and wipes and snacks on hand is no longer a necessity, I often just grab my wallet and keys when heading out for a quick errand.

When I saw this chic little zip pouch from American Apparel a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a try. Made of leather and quite affordable at the standard price, I scored one at their second quality warehouse in Downtown LA for less than $30 (working in crappy Vernon does have its perks I guess).

Available in a rainbow of colors, I went with this gray-beige tone that I think can work back to both black and brown based outfits.
I'm still trying to decide if it's functional enough for a mom on the go.  I think it might annoy some, but could really be useful for many.  Stay tuned for my future report.  Happy Saturday friends!

p.s. if you are not familiar with American Apparel, when you visit their website you might be a little shocked with the almost nude clad models.  I think it's so strange, but the owner is a complete wackado and is often known for walking around the office in his underwear.  I have a wholesale account with them and have been to the showroom many times to order clothes when I had my baby clothing line.  It is always a trip to visit there.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your review. I hope you like it! It's a very simple yet stylish clutch. I love the tan, but have been debating getting the black. xx-Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mom of a 14 month old and I carry a clutch often.. I find it easier to keep just a few necessity and than I carry a bag for her (all black big tote type bag). I can slip my clutch in there if needed.

    I like that zipper pouch Im going to have t check it out..
    and agreed on the owner being a wackado i've seen a few interviews with him that make me wonder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clutch would never cross my mind. I'm still holding too many babies and too many hands. But, like I said, I have the shoulders of a linebacker, so that's not really my issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my BFs works there and I saw this bag last weekend while in LV. She acutally used it as a travel bag for some of her personals, but it was a good size. Hope you like it.
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of using one of these instead of a purse, but it looks kind of big, maybe bulky... I wonder if it would be any better than toting a purse around, especially if you're out shopping or something and you need your hands free. Keep us posted, because, like I said, I like the IDEA of one of these... I'm just not quite ready to take the plunge myself quite yet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious to hear what you think. It's cute, and I love all my AA stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...