Quantcast

Friday, October 23, 2009

Looking Back on Monday on Friday

Monday was one of those days. Not a horrible day, but not a good one either. A lot of it had to do with being stuck in a traffic jam for over an hour on the 405 on the way to a field trip at Tanaka Farms. By the time we got there we were frazzled and frustrated. I spent the trip lugging three kids in and out of the wagon carrying a diaper bag and a huge camera bag By the end of the trip I was cursing that damn camera bag and the camera.

BUT, had I not had the camera, I would have never captured this beautiful sweet face.
She seriously makes me weak in the knees.

Nor would I have captured Sydney's pant leg stuck in a permanent hike position. He wouldn't let me fix it all day. He's a weird kid sometimes I tell you.

NICE Syd, real nice. This is his impersonation of the shirt eating goat I guess.
I told you he was a weird kid.


This llama scared the bejesus out of me! LOOK at those TEETH!!!
Holy crap, no wonder he was kept behind a gated fence!
This is not the sweet llama from our book Llama, Llama Red Pajama!

Baaaaaa!

Picking their own veggies was exciting, especially the carrots, since our garden has refused to bear any.


Look at the sky that day!

They got to pick their own pumpkins, but the thing I thought was kind of weird was that they had to be able to walk a certain distance holding it unassisted. Whatever.

Look at the dirt under those fingernails! I LOVE IT!!!

If you look closely you can see some dirt on his cute little nose too.
We were a sight by the time we got to their doctor's office for flu shots.

Only in Southern California is an organic farm nestled in the middle of a golf course and multi-million dollar homes!


Looking back at all these great pictures I realize that it wasn't such a bad day after all. In fact, it was a great day. That's the beauty of a camera and pictures. You can delete the tears and the tantrums and be left with just the good stuff. Guaranteed in a year when we look back at these, the frustrations of the day will long be forgotten, but these moments captured on film will remain forever. And that's worth every bit of back-ache from carrying around a 15 pound camera bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read and appreciate every single one. If you enable your email address I'd love to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...